Ingredients:These are meant to be just a guideline. I don't weigh or measure ingredients any more than I have to. Make it your own, adding/removing toppings, but don’t forget to include a protein source!
- Gluten-Free Pizza Crust (1 Package)
- I typically use Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Pizza Dough and follow the directions on the package, which require 2 eggs and 1.5 cups of water. For the carb conscious, there are recipes out there for how to make a cauliflower crust, or even ground chicken and parmesan as a base for your pizza
- Cherry Tomatoes (12-16oz)
- Diced Tomatoes (14.5oz can)
- Chicken Breast, grilled and shredded or diced (1lb)
- Mozzarella Cheese (8oz)
- Avocado (1)
- Roma Tomatoes (2)
- Garlic (about 4 Cloves)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (4 tbsp)
- Fresh Basil
- First things first, we’ve got to cook the chicken! I prefer to use the grill, but you can choose to bake, roast, or even pan-fry the chicken breasts. Better to undercook them just a little, as they’ll be going into the oven with the pizza in the later steps.
- To make the dough, simply follow the directions on the label. Mix the water, yeast and eggs, then slowly add flour until it's all doughy. Cover and refrigerate for 20min while it rises.
- For the sauce, cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters, and chop the garlic cloves. Add the garlic to the sauce pot and allow it to brown. Then, add the chopped cherry tomatoes and the can of diced tomatoes. This will simmer until it's ready to go on the pizza (about 25-30min).
- When the dough has risen, throw it on a greased cookie sheet and into the oven at 425 degrees for about 10min.
- Take out the crust and add the sauce, along with the chicken, grated mozzarella, avocado, and sliced tomatoes. Bake for another 10-12min, add the basil and vinaigrette, and enjoy!
Makes 8 Servings: 490 Calories Each